Using Video Monitoring to Protect From Construction Site Vulnerabilities
The United States is the largest construction market worldwide, and with increased production comes an increased understanding of the practice of risk management and liabilities. SSP understands the construction sector’s need to limit loss and liability, improve profitability, and address the demand with new opportunities in video surveillance monitoring.
Injury, the Top Risk in the Construction Sector
Every construction project involves significant risks. One of the most common of those risks is the risk of injury. Construction accident risks are related to premises liability in which a dangerous condition is created by construction work through a negligent act or failure to prevent hazardous conditions that cause injury. The risk of injury, and liability, extend beyond the construction site employees and even includes trespassers. This means that even if someone is not permitted to be on the site enters illegally and becomes injured, that person can bring a suit against the construction company.
As unfortunate and common as injuries are in the industry, they are far from the only construction site threats and risk exposures.
The Problem of Theft and Vandalism
Security is another major risk for many construction sites, with theft and vandalism commonplace and the exposed nature of many sites making them notoriously difficult to protect.
Industry experts estimate construction industry annual losses due to theft and vandalism at roughly $400 million in the United States. Many of these stolen items fall under insurance deductibles, so the contractor bears the brunt of the loss and the increased insurance rates.
To compound the problem, construction theft and vandalism often lead to dangerous job site conditions, which increases the risk of injury!
Technological Innovation That Significantly Diminishes Risks
Fortunately, you can proactively minimize this risk using Live Remote Guarding. SSP’s Remote Guarding Solutions uses video surveillance cameras, analytics, and live security specialists to monitor a site 2/47. Rather than just recording events, this solution is proactive and prevents crime before it happens. When certain actions trigger an alert, a crime specialist immediately assesses the situation and can provide audio intervention while additionally initiating law enforcement when necessary.
What is Remote Guarding
Remote guarding combines the latest video surveillance technologies, sophisticated analytics, and crime intervention specialists providing real-time audio response while following a customizable escalation protocol that can include contacting law enforcement. Its real and active presence is immediately evident to anyone acting suspiciously or performing unwanted actions. Remote guarding turns every video surveillance camera into a remote guard and can cover the entire facility simultaneously, even in remote or dark locations. Since it covers every area at once, criminals can never take advantage of a physical guard’s schedule that can leave parts of the property unprotected.
How Remote Guarding Works
- State-of-the-art video surveillance technologies backed by artificial intelligence provide simultaneous, 24/7 surveillance.
- Analytics detects activity before a crime occurs and alerts a live, professional crime intervention specialist.
- The crime Intervention specialist reviews the footage and monitors current activity, verifying any active threats.
- In the case of a real threat, the crime specialist provides an immediate voice down and warns the intruder over a loudspeaker. In most cases, audio intervention is enough to resolve the incident.
- Where appropriate, the specialist contacts law enforcement and presents the evidence.
Remote video monitoring technology can help reduce risks by:
- Ensure compliance with OSHA and other safety regulations
- Protect the perimeter from trespassing
- Detect and deter suspicious activity with live voice-down intervention
- Deter crimes like theft and vandalism with voice commands, strobe lights, and law enforcement initiation
- Provide video proof of activity
Reducing risks is a significant concern for any construction site. Remote Video Monitoring provides a highly effective way to do precisely that.
Remote Video Guarding Near Me
SSP serves the state of Georgia and offers best-in-class service and custom solutions to meet your commercial vertical market and discipline needs. Our solutions are scalable and can grow with you, and never lock you into proprietary systems. If you are looking for a commercial security company in Georgia, look no further. SSP is here to serve you. Call SSP today. 1-888-540-0175