Manufacturing Security | Top Ways Access Control Benefits Manufacturing Facilities
When it comes to physical security technologies for manufacturing facilities, access control plays a significant role. The obvious benefit of access control systems is to limit the entry of unauthorized intruders or personnel, protect your business against damage and theft, and protect your employees from harm. However, the advantages go well beyond the obvious ones in the manufacturing security environment.
Manufacturing Security Facility Challenges
The manufacturing environment has some unique risks. Typically, they have areas that contain sensitive documents and information, large quantities of products or materials onsite, use dangerous equipment, and may be producing classified, controversial, or other products that need special protection.
Top Risks Within the Manufacturing Facility
Manufacturing security plants are prone to a diverse set of security risks, including:
- Espionage and Counterfeiting
- Unauthorized Entry in Restricted Areas
Top Ways Access Control Benefits Manufacturing Facilities
The main objectives of many manufacturing facilities are protecting people, processes, and products, maintaining compliance, and maintaining productivity. Access control plays an important role in addressing all of these objectives. Here’s how.
- Restricting access to critical areas helps prevent the theft of products, equipment, data, and sensitive documents.
- Controlling access to manufacturing facilities can prevent acts of vandalism and other malicious acts perpetrated by the public.
- By preventing unauthorized access to critical areas, manufacturing plant managers can prevent accidents and injuries.
- Access control provides an audit trail of access within the facility to help avoid compliance issues.
- Adopting access control technologies can also prevent acts of espionage and product counterfeiting.
To create the most secure environment possible, it is necessary to implement a plan of integrated security technologies that layer technologies such as video surveillance, intrusion, and access control.
Security Integration In Georgia
Any good manufacturing security integrator’s goal is total customer satisfaction with a job completed as promised. That satisfaction requires a good fit between the commercial company and the integrator. SSP works hard to form partnerships and build security programs that improve security, operational efficiency, and lower costs.
Commercial Security System Integrators Near Me
SSP serves the state of Georgia and offers best-in-class service and custom solutions to meet your commercial vertical market and discipline needs. Our solutions are scalable and can grow with you, and never lock you into proprietary systems. If you are looking for a commercial security company in Georgia, look no further. SSP is here to serve you. Call SSP today. 1-888-540-0175